8 Amazing Teas that Help You Lose Weight
Obesity is now a global health issue. Obesity is usually caused by inadequate exercise and unhealthy diet, hence regular exercise and adhering to a healthy diet remains the 2 best tools for weight reduction.
Also endeavor to make sure you’re your diet includes some healthy herbal teas. There would be improvement in your general health and, your desired new weight could also be achieved by taking some cups of weight reducing herbal tea.
This increases the rate of your metabolism thereby helping you with faster and easier fat burn. It also diminishes your high level of cholesterol and can help with the shrinking of your fat cells.
Tea helps with appetite control, so, there is no need for careless eating that increases you fat daily. Furthermore, most herbal tea help in detoxification and flushing of toxins from the body as well as help in weight loss.
- Green Tea
Green tea takes the number one spot, for the best weight reduction tea. It has the catechin epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) , which increases metabolism to help the burning of calories as well as aid support weight loss. (1)
Additionally, green tea increases the amount of antioxidants in the body. Also, continuous consumption of green tea helps detoxification.
To prepare the green tea:
- Scoop 1 to 2 teaspoons of top quality green tea leaves in a clean cup
- Add hot water to it
- Cover the cup then steep for up to 2 or 3 minutes
- Take out the leaves; pour some raw honey into the cup then drink
2. Peppermint Tea
Peppermint also serves as a natural appetite suppressant.
Taking one cup of peppermint tea in-between meals diminishes pangs of hunger. This thereby prevents overeating and takes down the number of times you consume snacks with high calorie content. Besides peppermint low calorie content makes it naturally reduce your calorie consumption.
The peppermint herb helps digestion and reduction in stress level to help weight reduction. The soothing scent from peppermint aids suppression of appetite.
- Put one tablespoon of either dried or fresh peppermint leaves into a cup of boiled water.
- Cover the cup and steep for around ten minutes.
- Take out the tea leaves; pour in some raw honey the stir properly before you drink.
Do not take this tea more than three times daily.
3. Oolong Tea
Oolong tea promotes weight reduction by increasing your metabolism rate. It also contains catechins, just like green tea, and this helps in boosting the rate of weight loss. It likewise reduces fat concentration and cholesterol in your body.
- Get one cup of then boil, after which you leave to cool for about two minutes
- Pour the hot water into a cup or pot
- Add about 1 or 2 teaspoons of the oolong tea leaves into the cup of water.
- Cover the cup then steep for about 1 to 5 minutes
- Take out the leaves then drink the content
- Two cups of oolong tea should be taken daily.
4. White Tea
This is one of the teas with high antioxidant content, which prevents the formation of new fat cells. It reduces the ability of the body to effectively absorb fats. Its caffeine content speeds up the process of metabolism.
- A spoon of loose white leaves should be emptied into a clean cup.
- Add boiled water up to about ¾ inch of the rim of the cup.
- Steep for around five to seven minutes. The brewing time of the tea might be longer if its only content are buds
- Take out the leaves, and then add some mint to flavor or pour lemon juice into it and drink.
5. Hibiscus Tea
Hibiscus tea has high antioxidant concentration that supports weight loss by increasing metabolism.
Phaseolamin the enzyme inhibitor in it diminishes amylase production, which consequently permits the absorption of little quantity of carbohydrates into the blood to quick weight reduction.
Its diuretic nature assists you in reducing water weight.
- Put two tablespoons of well dried hibiscus petals into two cups of clean water.
- Allow the water to boil, and then simmer for around 5 or 10 minutes.
- Take out the leaves then add some lemon juice and raw honey for taste.
- Take up to two or three cups of hibiscus tea every day.
Note: do not take hibiscus tea if you are a nursing mother or pregnant.
6. Ginger Tea
Ginger tea is an effective tea for quick weight loss. It increases satiety, which in turn prevents compulsive consumption of foods with high calorie content and unnecessary snacking.
This makes the reduction in the amount of calorie you consume daily easy. Ginger also increases metabolism and helps digestion.
Ginger tea preparation:
- Slice fresh ginger root to little pieces about one inch in size, then pour them into 1½ cups of boiling water.
- Cover the pot and steep for about 10 minutes.
- Take out the roots, then, pour in some lemon juice and sip gently
- Take up to 2 or 3 cups of ginger tea every day.
7. Rose Tea
Rose tea is aroma and fragrance filled and a very effective weight loss tea for those who wish to shed some weight. It contains a lot of antioxidants that increases metabolism and promotes detoxification.
Rose tea helps you reduce your sugar cravings, which is a major cause of weight gain. It is also has very low calorie content.
Preparation of rose tea:
- Pour two cups of thoroughly washed fresh rose petals into a pot with three cups of water in it.
- Simmer the water between low-and medium heat for about five to ten minutes, then take out the petals.
- Pour some raw honey into the tea to make it sweet or drink it like that.
8. Rooibos Tea
Stress is usually connected with hunger pains and storage of too much fat in the body. The rooibos tea also shields the body from free radicals as well as support weight reduction.
The rooibos tea also lowers the risk of premature aging and getting a heart disease, as well as other severe conditions.
Rooibos tea preparation:
- Pour 1½ teaspoon of loose rooibos tea leaves into a cup.
- Pour boiled water into the cup containing the leaves.
- Cover the cup then steep for about five to seven minutes.
- Take out the leaves then drink the tea in its warm state.