Best 6 Benefits and Uses of Peppermint Essential Oil
The popularity of essential oils in the last few years is growing rapidly and it seems that peppermint essential oil is among the most popular oils of this kind. This essential oil has a huge range of medicinal properties and it is used in cases of different health issues. But, what exactly is peppermint essential oil?
This oil is created after the process of distillation of peppermint plant. This plant is naturally found in Europe and Asia. It has purple flower, but when the plant is processed, the color of the oil is green or light yellow. We will now focus on the benefits and uses of this essential oil.
1. To start with, many people use peppermint essential oil as part of aromatherapy sessions. The reason is very simple – this oil provides refreshing and cooling effects. Peppermint oil is able to stimulate the cognitive functions, boosts alertness and focus and leads to mental sharpness. It has been used to cool the skin and eliminate rashes, irritation, redness and burning sensation since ancient times.
2. Furthermore, it is not unusual to use peppermint essential oil for oral hygiene and dental care because it has some very strong antiseptic effects. With the help of this oil you can eliminate bad breath and protect the teeth and gums from germs. If you perform some research, you will see that many commercial tooth pastes have peppermint essential oil in them. In addition, this oil can relieve toothaches.
3. Many modern men and women use peppermint essential oil to de-stress themselves and to ease mental fatigue and depression. As we have already mentioned, this oil is very refreshing. It can also help us bring back our energy levels and relieve anxiety.
4. One of the most important benefits and uses of peppermint essential oil is in cases of frequent headaches and nausea. This natural remedy can do wonders with headaches. All you need to do is to put some of this oil (diluted with some water) on the forehead and you’ll soothe the paint almost instantly. If you experience nausea or some other similar digestive problem, put a few drops of peppermint oil in a glass of water and drink it. Use this remedy after the main meals. Many people have confirmed that it treats bloated stomach and gasses.
5. Peppermint essential oil is packed with menthol which means that it is good for the respiratory system too. If you are dealing with respiratory issues like sinusitis, nasal congestion, bronchitis, cold, cough, asthma or fever, you can expect fast relief.
6. We have already mentioned this oil’s effects with digestive problems, but we must point out that it is especially helpful in cases of diarrhea and flatulence too. The best way to feel the effects is to add a few drops of peppermint oil to your herbal tea to support digestion and get rid of heartburn.
Besides using it with water and teas and topically, people can also inhale it. So, peppermint essential oil is one of the best ways to heal yourself of many different ailments in a completely natural way.