Blend Turmeric + Ginger with Coconut Milk – Drink Before Bed
You might have heard of golden milk but have no idea what it’s made of or what health benefits it has. Golden milk is a mixture of different herbs and coconut milk that is warmed up to provide you with a delicious and nutritious drink that, even though it can be consumed whenever you want, is typically consumed in the morning and evening.
The proper name for golden milk is Haldi ka Doodh and this translates to “turmeric milk”. As such it’s believed that the drink originated in India and was a part of Ayurveda.
We’ll now tell you more about the health benefits of the ingredients so you can understand the potent power of turmeric milk for yourself.
- Turmeric milk is a mixture of coconut oil, turmeric, ginger root, black pepper and coconut milk. Some people also like to add honey for taste. While all the ingredients come with their own health benefits the turmeric is the most important and potent ingredient in turmeric milk.
- Turmeric milk is an incredibly potent detoxifier that can clean your liver if drank before bedtime. There are other health benefits to this golden nectar.
- Turmeric milk is often used in detoxification to treat inflammation, high blood sugar, and several other health conditions.
- Turmeric is perhaps the most powerful spices there is. It’s use as an agent for healing liver disease, muscle and joint pain, arthritis, respiratory problems, skin disorders, and an immunity booster can be traced back centuries.
- Turmeric also contains powerful anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which means it’s effective at relieving chronic and autoimmune disorders.
- Turmeric neutralises free radicals and cleans the liver in the process, as well as stabilising blood sugar levels, helping overcome depression, treating cancer, food allergies and intolerance, and it helps to prevent cognitive degenerative diseases such as Dementia and Alzheimer’s and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
- Ginger is also a powerful anti-inflammatory and can relieve nausea, cold and flu symptoms, aid digestion, alleviate muscle pain and menstrual pain and help to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Black pepper is useful in the prevention of anemia, it aids digestion, fights free radicals, and soothes cold symptoms. It also helps to increase the absorption of turmeric.
- Coconut oil is also packed with health benefits. It bolsters the immune system, aids digestion, prevents diseases in the liver and kidneys, keeps your heart healthy, balances your weight, and keeps your skin stay beautiful.
- Coconut milk is rich in electrolytes, vitamin B, magnesium and fatty acids. It works to stabilise blood sugar, keeps joints healthy and helps prevent blood loss.
- Honey is also a powerful antibacterial agent that helps treat allergies, relieve colds and flu, relaxes the body, helps you sleep at night, and comes with plenty of other health benefits.
As such it’s not hard to see the positive health benefits of golden milk and why you should be drinking it. Here’s how to make turmeric milk for yourself to enjoy at home.
Golden Milk recipe:
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- A small piece of fresh ginger root peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon for taste (optional)
It’s super easy to make turmeric milk. Just toss all the ingredients into a blender and then heat the blended mixture for five minutes. Don’t let it boil.
If you can’t find coconut milk you can use any other kind of milk but it’s advised that you don’t use dairy. Dairy milk can lead to intolerances and it can cause unwanted symptoms such as acne, irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, hives, eczema and breathing problems.
Golden milk should be drank on an empty stomach in the morning or before going to bed to get the most out of the detoxing effects. Drink turmeric milk to detoxify your bed, prevent inflammation, heal faster, and just be healthier in general.