Health Benefits of Boron: Essential for Healthy Bones and Joints
More research than ever is being conducted to understand the health benefits of Boron and there have been some surprising results. Here are the health benefits of boron as well as what may happen if you don’t get enough.
What Is the Recommended Daily Amount of Boron ? (1)
What Are the Sources of Boron? (2)
Boron is a mineral that will mostly come from plants and it’s most commonly ingested through Apples, Bananas, Peaches, Apricots, Cocoa, Pears, Avocados, Berries, Cherries, Sweet potatoes, and many more fruits and vegetables. These days modern farming techniques mean that there is less boron in our food and boron deficiency is becoming a bigger problem.
What Are Common Boron Deficiency Symptoms?
Research is still being done to fully understand boron deficiency symptoms. So far we know that it can cause the abnormal metabolism of calcium and magnesium. It can also lead to hyperthyroidism as well hormonal imbalances. Because calcium isn’t processed properly it can also lead to joint and bone conditions such as osteoporosis and arthritis. Lastly, boron deficiency can also lead to a decline in brain function, psychological problems, weak muscles, stomach and digestive parasites, eye infections.
Health Benefits of Boron
- Boron is an excellent anti-inflammatory. In Europe it’s sometimes offered to patients as an osteoporosis treatment and is so effective that many of the patients completely recovered. As an anti-inflammatory, it also protects the body against oxidative stress. This is when there are too many free radicals in your body and they are causing a lot of damage. Studies show that not only does boron reduce oxidative stress but it also enhances the antioxidant defense mechanisms in your body and helps restore any damaged tissue and organs.
- Boron has also been shown to be effective at treating vitamin D deficiency in calcium metabolism. Vitamin D is a vital part of keeping your bones healthy because it supports the absorption of calcium. Boron supplements enable the body to better absorb and process vitamin D and keep your bones healthy.
- Boron has been shown to improve brain function in adults who eat a controlled diet. A study was performed on older men and women and the results showed that taking 3mg of boron a day improved brain function in just two months.
- Here’s one for the men; boron helps in the production of testosterone. A study from 2010 performed at the University of Medical Sciences in Iran showed that boron could increase the production of testosterone in just one week. Testosterone is used to promote muscle growth, improve focus and concentration, and boost your libido and energy levels.
- Boron has a positive effect on most of the metabolic processes, such as hormones, blood plasma, vitamin D, bones, inflammation, etc., and the effects are enhanced if you’re also taking Vitamin D and magnesium supplements. It looks like a combination of essential trace minerals is far more potent than the sum of their parts.
- Last but not least boron can help with bone density. Boron bone building supplements can improve your bone density in a matter of months. There are a lot of benefits to boron so don’t hesitate to pick up a bottle for yourself.