Health Benefits of Magnesium: Powerful Relaxation Mineral
Magnesium is a nutrient that the human body needs for optimal body function. It’s an element and a mineral used in the body’s natural processes. There are a few sources of magnesium in food and supplements, but it’s possible to suffer from a deficiency. Magnesium has many benefits for the body, so you may wish to learn about the best sources.
What Is the Recommended Daily Amount of Magnesium ? (1)
What Are the Sources of Magnesium? (2)
Magnesium can be found in dark leafy green vegetables, such as lettuce, spinach, and kale, It can also be found in other vegetables such as beans, in fruits such as avocados or dried fruit, and bananas. It can also be found in whole grains, nuts, potato, rice, soy milk, yogurt, and dark chocolate.
Most people need a daily requirement of 400 milligrams of magnesium for optimum body function. A simple way to learn how to add more magnesium to your diet involves thinking about high fiber sources, as these types of foods all contain higher levels of magnesium naturally.
What Are Common Magnesium Deficiency Symptoms?
The symptoms for magnesium deficiency are similar to potassium. It may happen rapidly, with the loss of sweat or diarrhea. People may experience muscle cramps and tremors, weakness, fatigue, and confusion.
Other symptoms associated with magnesium deficiency can also include loss of appetite, insomnia, irritability, reflux, high blood pressure, headaches, fibromyalgia, anal spasms, memory loss and cognitive dysfunctions.
What Are the Health Benefits of Magnesium?
- Magnesium is a mineral and a nutrient utilized by the human body for staying healthy. It’s also one of the electrolytes that provide that electrical charge for the body’s cells. People who suffer nutritional loss may have immediate effects, so it’s important to replenish the nutrient quickly.
- Magnesium is used for many processes in the body. It can help with regulating nerve or muscle functions. It’s also important for helping the pancreas provide the hormones to aid in normal blood sugar levels.
- Magnesium is a lot like potassium in that it’s important for the healthy functioning of the heart. People who have heart conditions may wish to take it as a regular supplement. It can also help to build strong bones and cell DNA. This is perhaps it’s most important function.
- Magnesium can be obtained from food, but people with these health conditions may wish to take it in supplement form. Blood tests are available to measure low magnesium levels. Women may be particularly susceptible to lower levels of magnesium. It can also be common for the elderly to suffer from magnesium deficiency.
- It can also help to prevent clogged arteries, high blood pressure, and hereditary heart disease, and stroke. Diabetics may also benefit from it, as they are naturally predisposed to heart conditions.
- Like calcium, magnesium is also one of the substances in antacids to prevent acid indigestion.
- People who experience higher levels of bad cholesterol, such as LDL, may wish to take magnesium to help lower the levels.
- Magnesium can also aid people who suffer from anxiety, and chronic fatigue syndrome. It has many uses for people who have other conditions too.