The Most Efficient Alkalizing Detox Soup Recipe
Dr. Henry Bieler is a prominent American physician as well as being the author of the book “Food is Your Best Medicine”. In his book he outlines how you can treat various diseases with proper diet. He is a firm believer in the idea that the body has everything it needs to recover from any ailment.
Something he is known for is his famous broth. This broth contains plenty of potassium and sodium, which work to alkalize the body and stimulate the adrenal glands and liver. It also aids the pancreas as it controls blood sugar levels.
When you make the broth with ghee you open up a whole new world of health benefits. It prevents inflammation, lubricates your connective tissues, keeps the immune system strong, and is also believed to have a positive effect on memory and intelligence.
We have the recipe for this great soup below. We recommend you make Bieler’s broth to detoxify your body. It makes for an ideal breakfast or can be added to your lunch.
- 4 medium sized zucchinis, chopped
- 3 cups of string beans with the ends chopped off
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 2 bunches of parsley with the stems removed
- 5oz/250ml of filtered water
- Sea salt for taste
- Ghee (optional)
- Put the water, zucchini, string beans and celery in a pot
- Keep the water on heat until it boils and then turn the heat down to allow it to simmer for 30 minutes to soften the vegetables. It’s important to not leave them for too long as this can damage them and destroy their healing properties
- Put the mixture into a blender and add some parsley and water
- Mash the vegetables and blend everything together
- It could take several rounds of blending until you have the amount you want
- Add ghee to the batch make it thicker and healthier
You should always use organic vegetables whenever you can. If you’d like you can use zucchini chunks instead of string beans and vice versa. You can also adjust the thickness of your soup to suit your preferences. Don’t forget to remove the ends of the string beans as a blender can have trouble processing these.